LCD screen DVI and Analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlorn_ronin

In Runtime
Ok so I have been complaining in here for about a week with this lcd monitor. Most of you already know I have been having troubles with it blurring the text and even some graphics. Mind you I have a graphics card and a lcd 19". So I was expecting a great picture. Then a realization hit me. I was wondering while looking at my blurry screen if I need to hook up both areas on my lcd screen. Currently I just have the DVI cable from the back of the lcd to the vid card. Do I also need to hook in the analog cable to? Or do I have to choose one or the other? Please someone get back to me. If that is the problem then great I will hook up both cables right now! Answer ASAP> thanks all.

~Ronin~

Is your resolution set to the optimum amount stated?

You could also make the text size bigger in your OS.

Well guys I don't get it. Maybe it's a bad monitor. I am just not happy with the resolution of the text. I tried to play a dvd movie on this with power dvd. Here I thought with a geforce fx5500 that I would have no problem playing dvd movies but the color is all funky. With dvi to have options to change color texture and temp? Cause I don't have those options. Here is my lcd screen. Hyundai L90D+. You guys tell me what is happening here. Cause I'm clueless.

You have to use the native resolution (1280x1024) to get the proper picture from your display. Especially with text. If the text is too small you may have to move the screen closer to you. I heard that screen doesnt play movies well. Most Lcds dont compared to CRTs. Sorry to tell you this. Unfortunately cost was probably a factor for you when you bought that monitor. Most people wont pay more that $350 U.S. for lcds it seems. This guy had the same problem(s) as you: click and scroll to top of page:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3840911#post3840911

This is well worth the extra coin:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116277

Check tomshardware/behardware on the net for reviews.

Oh, and with all dvi connected monitors you cant adjust certain options, ie colors and auto image. Its ok though cause the dvi will give a better picture than vga.

I thought the L90D was one of the best monitors out there? Thats what im getting and im not willing to shell out $460 for my monitor :(

Well ive read alot of good things about the L90d+. Most people are very happy with it. Heres the deal. I read somewhere that Hyundai doesnt actually make the panel...ok, we already knew that..duh...but the panel they were using was the same panel as the samsung 930b...so that is a good thing......but I also read that they will possibly switch panels without anyone knowing....this leaves guesswork...what panel are you getting? So maybe thats coming into the equation now...Also, you have to remember its still a TN panel not a VA type. U guys need to google "L90d+ review" or "L90D+ discussion". Sorry cant help more, personally if i was going to buy a TN panel it would have been the Samsung 913t. But yes the reviews on the Hyundai were positive.

Ya, try the analog if you want, but you will notice it blurrier. So u have it in native res Forlorn?

Yes I have tried its native resolution with the same effects to the movie play. Still funky colors. I have read the good revies on this and thought what the hay. I'll get it. However with my experience I tell people to be wary. And what are you referring to when you say tn vs va type? Tried analog to and it was worse. Tonight I am going to replace the vid card. I thought hey maybe its the card. So I got the same exact card thinking maybe I got a defective card. Tell you the results tomorrow. I also got another stick of 512mb memory. Thanks for the suggestions all. Keep trying. I wonder if theres anyone out there that has the same monitor that can see movies with no problems.

~Ronin~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom