300Mhz FSB - W00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but let's see you do it with 1.85 vdimm!!
Lets see you get 3-3-3 timings :p

Suppose you could if you SEVERELY underclocked it.

The whole point of DDR2 is supposed to be a high frequency with loose timings, but 300Mhz doesn't seem high enough to constitute the necessity of 5-5-5 timings lol.

Idiotec - he's got OCZ Plat Rev2's with the TCC5 chips.

using 3v he might be able to hit 300MHz with 2.5-3-3-7 but with 1T command rate, I don't know....I haven't seen enough reviews on the TCC5's though to be honest...some say they are exactly like TCCDs, some say worse....I guess gaara will let us know in the future :D

yeah I had them running 257MHz 2.5-3-3-7 1T 2.9v but prime95 failed when I tested for the long run stability, but I honestly don't know what it was. At the time I had started toying around with rest of the memory options in the BIOS so it could've been any one of those or possibly even the CPU, I kept it at 2.5GHz 1:1 after that so I haven't gotten a chance to test them since, I need to get used to those damn memory options though :p

But yeah, pretty sure 300MHz 2.5-3-3-7 is outta the question. I think 300MHz might even be out of the picture personally :p

They have some pretty good DDR2 modules out now though. Some can hit VERY TIGHT timings at 533 MHZ(like 2-2-2-X). Still those are the very expensive modules, as the cheaper ones still have bad timings at higher FSBS. It truely looks like DDR2 is becoming a viable platform for ram, and finally, people do not have to worry about buying super expensive ram to overclock their p4s.

That's it, I am going for 300Mhz at 3-3-3-9 tonight! Failure is not an option!
That'd be pretty praiseworthy for DDR2 modules...be sure to post and let us know how much smoke you frying those RAM modules caused :D

Ok, this has proven to be a bit harder than anticipated lol :p

But, I will not give up. I need to research and see what vdimm this crap RAM can take. Until then, a teaser shot ;)

OK, all though I hate to admit it, this might be the best I get. Who would of thought valueram wouldn't like 300Mhz at 3-3-3-9, but guess what, it doesn't. :p Probably could have tried higher vdimm, as I read you can go to 2.1 on this crap, but I was nervous at 2 so....

Whatever, knocked it down a bit. I have to go off memory, but I think I was at 1.9 (maybe 1.95?) vdimm here at 4-4-4-12 at 300Mhz.

*shakes head in defeat but lives to fight another day*

No Smoke!!!!!!

it's better than 5-5-5-15 and that's what counts :D

::reassuring pat on the back to idiotec::

Just get a fan blowing over the RAM and put some volts through them puppies! MAKE EM DANCE!

Nubius said:
it's better than 5-5-5-15 and that's what counts :D

::reassuring pat on the back to idiotec::

Just get a fan blowing over the RAM and put some volts through them puppies! MAKE EM DANCE!

LOL, we'll see. I never did try 2.1 ;)

What I might actually focus on first is getting that one before (286x14 3-3-3-9) prime stable. I would be happy with that as a 24/7 OC :D

yeah, I haven't even been able to thoroughly get back into OC'ing....last time I really OC'd was with the XP-M system, and I've done a little with this system, but this damn DFI nf3 board just has way too many problems, both with the board itself and the BIOS. I don't think my venice is a great OC'er either...seems to max out at around 2.575GHz, but it could be the board, not too sure, but I've seen others even with this buggy board get it up to 2.8 or 2.9 so, I'm just thinking week18 just wasn't that great.

Either way it's kind of disappointing =/

Would been like $100 loss to try and sell this AGP card to get the PCI-E version so I wanted to try to stay away from going PCI-E but I guess I should have just done it....oh well, nothing I can do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom