Fan Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo-Athlon5

In Runtime
I got a 120mm fan and a 80mm fan, I have them set up right now like this pic1.

I was wondering if setting them up like this is better pic2.
I have a window spiderweb design with no plastic inside, i took it out, so it has more air going in, is this a good idea?

Attachments

• report1-3.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 84
and pic 3 shows how the premodded window looks like, spider web with a bat in the middle i guess, i took the plexiglass or plastic out, is this a good idea? or should i put the plastic back, it also has a fan than can be put in the side for intake, the 80mm one i have fits there

Attachments

• memory.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 47
in PIC 1 the fans are closer to the case window, and are about 2 or 3 inches away from the cpu heatsink. The second 80 mm fan that hangs from the top one is pointing at the videocard, and provides cooling for the northbridge and southbrigde alil. THe northbridge is passive its a A7V8X-X kt400.

with the 120mm fan off my temps go from idle 43 to 51 idle.

I like pic2 setup best, because you are moving are from the front, and exausting it out the back, but you are also moving the air from bottom to top, which helps cooling.

ok pic 2 ill try and see what happens to the temps

what about the window plastic, should i put it back so that there is no open holes for air to escape? or should i leave it open.

without plexiglass its more like having a big hole in the side of the case

with plexiglass its the same as having a closed case?

which is better with the pic2

i tryed pic 2 and it sucks bad, the 80mm on back blowing out and the 120mm intake on bottom front, the cpu went to 62c on Counterstrike

THe way i had it counter strike ran at about 46-48c

maybe to use it the way u mensioned i need more fans (pic2)

i dont like my way because it looks very messy. I preffer pic 2, but its not as effective.

You do have a CPU fan/heatsink right? With that and Pic 2 config the temps should be great.

pic1 is obviously better, it blows directly onto the components that need cooling most. to find out the best settings you will have to test yourself by checking temps for each config. in pic1 the fans are both pushing air into the case right?

I still believe that if you have a good cross draft, pic2 will work like a charm. The problem is the pic you have leave a lot of room to our imagination. I also think you should replace the side panel I think that removing that may stop the air from flowing through the case properly. You want the air to be forced through the case, so that you exaust the hot air (less dead pockets of air)

If it were me, I'd have two fans as exhaust, and at least one intake.

But, as ekÆsine mentioned, testing it will give you the best set-up...that's how I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom