Dfi lanparty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
Im confused on the DFI lanparty skt 939. I was looking at the ones that support pci express and there are so many different ones. They say thaey support pci express x 16 (2). Does that mean that you have to use 2 video cards? And whats the deal with pci express x1, x4 and x16? If I wanted to run 1 evga 9600 pro pci express which 1 would I be looking at? Possible to give me a link to one? Obviously on N.E. :)

Does that mean you have to run 2 video cards on it? I am looking for a good skt 939 mobo, and is able to run 1 pci express video card.

No. If you only want to run one PCI-E card then just get the Ultra-D. It's also s939.

Mandingo said:
Im confused on the DFI lanparty skt 939. I was looking at the ones that support pci express and there are so many different ones. They say thaey support pci express x 16 (2). Does that mean that you have to use 2 video cards? And whats the deal with pci express x1, x4 and x16? If I wanted to run 1 evga 9600 pro pci express which 1 would I be looking at? Possible to give me a link to one? Obviously on N.E. :)

Whoa whoa hold on, first things first, Evga 9600 pro?? Evga is nvidia brand, the 9600 pro is ATI series. Two totally different things. Ok now DFI lan party has 4 differnt boards if i recal, D, ultra - D, SLI- D and SLI-DR. The Ultra-D used to beable to be modded to run in SLI mode, and the SLI-D and SLI-DR can run in SLI mode. SLI mode is when you setup 2 video cards of the same make and model, on 1 motherboard, in which is suposed to give you a 200 percent increase in graphics power over the standard 1 video card mode.

If you are looking for a PCI express card most of them run in 16x mode, and 1x slots dont really have any use yet, but soon will be used for sound cards and other add ons.

Yeah, just because a board is SLI compatible, does not mean you HAVE to run 2 video cards, it means you can. Even if it is the extremely rare eVGA 9600 Pro :p

Just a note to avoid confusion, the Ultra-D has what is called "Dual Xpress Graphics" and does have two PCI-E 8x slots, however they do not function as SLI. Only one card works and the other is simply used for connecting additonal monitors.

However, a pencil mod can easily turn the Ultra-D into the SLI-D

Re: Re: Dfi lanparty

TipsySmile said:
Whoa whoa hold on, first things first, Evga 9600 pro?? Evga is nvidia brand, the 9600 pro is ATI series. Two totally different things.

Yeah my bad... Meant Evga 6600GT..hehe

Well thats nice becuase i never knew they made a PCI-Express 9600pro lol :p Also if he dosent even know the difference between SLI and the chipsets and all that then why mention a pencil mod?

gaara said:
However, a pencil mod can easily turn the Ultra-D into the SLI-D

Don't know if this is still the case with the new releases of the Ultra-D. If I remember correctly, DFI had said that are going to be make "more" difficult for people to use the Utra-D as a SLI platform.. Haven't heard any recent updates about it tho :\..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom