So-dimm = Sdram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicity_27

The Angriest of Amoebas
I'm trying to look for more RAM for my laptop. I just opened it up, and saw that it can only hold one stick of RAM. It has a maximum capacity of 320MB, but they don't make a stick like that. So I looked for a stick of 256MB of PC133. All I could find was SO-DIMM, so I typed in SDRAM in keywords, and still came with the same stick of RAM, so will this stick of RAM work for my laptop, or am I out of luck because it's so old?

Here's a link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211124

That module should work just fine in your laptop. I would recommend updating the BIOS before install it. What make and model of laptop is it?

All the specs are in my sig, but it's a Compaq Presario 1200 series. It's about 4 years old. When I looked at my stick of RAM, it didn't look like it had the break in the middle, but I look closer tonight, and post a picture of it up.

Well it takes PC133 SO-DIMMs and the memory module you posted from NewEgg will work just fine. All SDRAM SO-DIMMs are the same size, so no worries.

Okay, well just to put the icing on the cake, here are the two pictures that I just took. I guess it does have the break in the middle.

da080d5b.jpg

Here's the other:
044ba4f0.jpg

So the link to the RAM on newegg will work? I'll have to get that pretty soon then.. Thanks for all your help Crucial.

nitestick said:
yeah that will work. sounds like your confused about the definition of so-dimm. so-dimm is the form that the stick comes in sdram is the actual type of ram

You are correct. When I first saw that on newegg, I was like, uh WTF? I want SDRAM. But I was also confused because my desktop has SDRAM, and I was also like WTF? But now everything is cleared up, and I think I will end up getting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom