UGRENT pc wont boot (1st build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
It sounds as if the power is working and all, for the fan goes on and stuff, but it doesn't seem like the moniter works. It just says "no signal". I am almost 100% positive I have all plugged in correct.

DO i have to install mobo drivers from the CD, or what? I have everything plugged in correctly I am sure. I plugged the moniter into the video card, and it says no signal.

PC beeps and junk.

What are the specs?

I will put my random guess on GPU as the GPU BIOS is first.

Do you have a 2 digit LCD display on your motherboard? Plugged in the motherboard speaker? Do you get any beeps? - if you do, say what BIOS you have - it will say on the BIOS chip.

I did get beeps, I think its my GPU b/c comp seems to make noise and fan worked and stuff (little lights too).

amibios
CH67

Do I need to install any CDs? I have my HDD CD, win xp CD, and drivers and utilities CD.

What combination of beeps?

You will need to install an OS before you install the drivers - exlcuding SATA/RAID drviers which you do when it asks for them (press F6 when the blue screen comes up when it detects set-up. It will say that at the bottom of the screen.

is it possible for a gfx card to have too much power and goes out? (PSU power)

Thats what somebody said but that makes no sense

Have you tryed another monitor on the video card? And does your motherboard have onboard video? If so try using the onboard video with the monitor. Possible your BIOS is sending a signal to the onboard video and not to the PCI/AGP video card.

i was helping my friend build his computer today and we had that same problem. the thing that worked for us was to switch the switch in the back of ur psu to the lower voltage...if that doesnt work than try the higher 1.

I dont have an on board (well at least there is nothing else plugged into a PCI slot)

I know the moniter works, it did like 2 weeks ago.

I'm gonna clear cmos, but I dunno if I set it to clear, turn on comp, then turn off, or if i just do it w/o turning on comp till I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom