did you know? (Updated: All Visitors Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People, if you find a thread like this, don't keep replying to it. You'll just keep giving the thread momentum and won't really solve anything.

I'll look into this more later, I'm a bit busy now, but until then, locky locky

All right, I've skimmed this thread and reached a general conclusion.

Him, nuke and DJ-CHRIS, you have all violated the forum rules and ignored common sense by belittling other members. Regardless of difference of opinions, it is always possible to argue in a polite and civil matter, and insults and other hateful comments should not be used if you wish to continue posting here.

I'll let this predicament slide for now since it's been an isolated incident and you are all generally upstanding members. Some may be privately contacted about other issues that requiring address as well.

Do not publicly "police" the forums. If you find a troublesome post, simply use the report post button found to the left of the post, which will notify the proper people. Replying to spam simply pushes it to the top of the forum and pushes useful threads back. Do not retaliate flames. This will often ruin a perfectly good thread and can often get you in trouble yourself. Just ignore troublesome posts until they are dealt with accordingly.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=60880

I will use this as a oppurtunity to advise all visitors of the hardware zone that flaming is flaming, regardless of whether your intentions are good or if the other member "deserved" it. There are no excuses. If you find a post you feel is innapropriate save yourself the trouble of typing out a profain comment and allow the forum leaders to act accordingly.

Thanks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom