dell psu.... ahhhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i know.

so the psu from this site are not actuallly made by dell, they are just compatible? i suppose this make them better?

joshd said:
yea, ive e-mailed. just wanted a 2nd opinion from here..

cheers

Better Yet... If you wanna call them:

PCP&C Tech Support - 1-760-931-5700

It's not TOLL FREE which kinda sucks. But, you'll get right through and won't wait long to talk to someone.

Hey, on that 5000 case which is BTX, does the back/opening for PSU have a large space cut open for the PSU, or is it just cut enough for the Plug & voltage selector? Also how many pins is the MOBO? 20/24?

well, the opening is big enough so the psu's grill is exposed for air flow, so yea, i suppose it is a big hole. not sure about the pins, but i dont think it is compatible with a regular psu. only dell ones. give me a minute, ill try and find out about the pins.

cant find it. dell owners manual detailed specifications are not very detailed. lol

joshd said:
yea i know.

so the psu from this site are not actuallly made by dell, they are just compatible? i suppose this make them better?

PCP&C has specifically designed these power supplies to meet (1) Dell specific requirement. 90% of dell cases, were the PSU is installed, only has an area cut out for the PLUG and the Voltage Selector. The Dell's PSU's generally don't use the power switch because the cases and motherboard use a soft power switch. Why? I don't know.

So PCP&C designed a few PSU's, which are all identical to any of their other PSU's, but the difference is they don't have power switches. Thus, fitting in the dell dimension cases.

People also say that you can't use any PSU in a dell case, which isn't correct. It's not a matter of the PSU won't work for compatibility issues, it's more of a issue of the case design. You also must make sure that the PSU supports 20pin/24pin.

I've tested a Dell Dimension 2350 Mid Tower MicroATX PC with an Antec power supply. And everything worked fine. The only problem was that it wouldn't fit in the case because of the design issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom