Wireless to PS/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBizzle

Solid State Member
It sounds dumb to change from wireless to PS/2 (keyboard) but I have too many frequencies around my computer to have a good enough signal for gaming. So I want to take my wireless keyboard and make it run by a PS/2 port. I have a few pictures to show what I'm talking about, I just want to know if anyone has done this, if it would be possible, if the way I think it should be done is right... any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

KBPCB.jpg

This is my keyboard PCB, I've detached the battery connector (white plastic pievce with two prongs).

RecieverPCB.jpg

This is the reciever's PCB, with the terminal detached. The terminal was one piece, with an emplty place inbetween the "mouse terminal" and the "keyboard terminal".... confusing, I know, so here's a picture:
Terminal.jpg

A closer look at the keyboard PCB, shows where I think I would need to solder on the part circled above (the four holes in the white rectangle):
KBPCBTerminals.jpg

My question is, will this work... and if so, which order would I solder them on... red to green, green to red, ect.

that looks very complicated. be prepared to buy a new keyboard if you mess it up, lol. keyboards and mice are very cheap these days anyway.

Heyyo,

Interesting man. First I'd google to see if anyone's sucessfully done this with your keyboard type. Usually you wanna find where pin 1 is, and match that to the PCB. If you reverse it, all that might happen is the led's won't turn off, all the way to maybe even having capacitors explode on ya.. but since we're dealing with a low voltage keyboard, odds are it won't explode, but when you first try it, I suggest to keep your distance just incase...

Oh, and don't worry, capacitors are a dime-a-dozen really. So re-soldering them ain't too bad, just don't reverse them is all. ;)

Well I have plenty of spare keyboards, not a problem if I mess it up really (just bucks down the drain). I have done plenty of modding with LEDs and wires, so I can do the soldering, and all that no problem. Do you know where I could find the assignment of those holes, or is that what you are telling me to google?

Also, I'm new to the forum and very pleased, the other forum I posted this on has been up for 2 days and no replies.. this took about 5 minutes!

Heyyo,

Ok, what kindof keyboard we dealing with?

eg, logitech elite wireless keyboard (<< I want one of these, but wired, I'd hate to be gaming and then batteries would die on me, another main pro on us wired folk)

I'd so a search like logitech elite wireless keyboard "how to wire"

crappy, just did that, and all I could find was a guide on how to mod a wireless keyboard to have it ELwired but wireless... still a cool idea

http://moddershq.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=603&sid=5e5501821ea648cba3475700a623302d

Well man? since you know how to solder? you should be fine if you run into probs as long as the pcb doesn't get damaged. ;)

well, its tech-forums. goes without saying.

if you can find out where to put the pins, go for it, especially if you have spare keyboards.

I went ahead and soldered on the wires from the terminal... sort of a quick job.. here it is:

NewTerminal.jpg

Ill put it together and test it and post back as soon as possible.

i know people who have bought wireless keyboards bacause they do not like the clutter of wire, but i have NEVER seen someone convert a wireless keyboard back to a wire keyboard. lol

Haha, I know, this is more for a challenge and something to do. I have plenty of keyboards, not a problem or a matter of that... just something to change for the fun of it. Now i put it back together and nothing happened when I typed... So i took of the back cover and noticed how hot the PCB was. If you look at the picture showing the solder from the underside, you can see a black box (the "processor") of the keyboard. This gets instantly hot, and by hot I mean extremely hot. It feels like im touching my soldering iron or something.... I don't know what to do now, any suggestions? Maybe I can rewire it and go from green to red instead of red to green? maybe I have to take off the wireless part of the PCB. I dont know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom