300Mhz FSB - W00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to some, BAH! to others lol :p
Yes, the timings suck, but I do know I can run it 4-4-4-12 at 300Mhz as I have done so with a 3:4 FSB:RAM divider. But it's DDR2, what can you do, the timings inheritly suck :confused:

On the pic it says though: voltage 1.671 (not 1.55)?
Yeah, TBH, I get confused on that too. It is 1.55 in BIOS, 1.67 in CPU-z and then like 1.5 in Asus probe :confused: LOL, I don't think I ever know my true Windows vcore. Is that a mobo bug or is that normal :confused:

That's pretty bad considering DDR modules can run 300MHz at 2.5-3-3-7 if you know what you're doing....this mainly of course applies to TCCD chips.
Yeah, but let's see you do it with 1.85 vdimm!! :p

Edit: I just noticed this:
the bus speed is 1200? that would make it "3.5 pumbed" ? ...enlighten me.
I am not following, 300x4=1200 :confused:

Holy hell nice OC. And that is 3.4 stock? Almost 1GHZ OC, I guess Prescott cores are great in P4's :) What cooling do you use?

Idiotec, I dont remember if I asked you or not, but what kind of cooling are you rocking up in the hizzy?

Him said:
Idiotec, I dont remember if I asked you or not, but what kind of cooling are you rocking up in the hizzy?
I have the Tower112 Heat sink with a 92mm fan. It is pretty decent air cooling.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cpu-tta-20.html

It's a heavy ***** but its all copper :D

Holy hell nice OC. And that is 3.4 stock? Almost 1GHZ OC, I guess Prescott cores are great in P4's What cooling do you use?
Yes, 3.4Ghz stock. The prescotts due OC well as long as you can keep the cooling under control ;)

Nice, and you're getting 47C loaded on that? Thats a nice cool temp. I shluld prolly get lower than that on my water rig than.

Him said:
Nice, and you're getting 47C loaded on that? Thats a nice cool temp. I shluld prolly get lower than that on my water rig than.
I get 47C load at 3.8Ghz, not 4.2Ghz. It actually didn't change going from 3.73 to 3.8, that is why I increased my 24/7 OC. And TBH, I haven't fully loaded it at 4.2, all I have done is ran Super PI just as a test. 4.2 is not a 24/7 OC ;). I am still just doing a lot of testing. The 300fsb was mainly a test of the mobo. What I would like to get to is 4Ghz, sticking with the x14 multi so I would have 14x286=4Ghz at 1:1 DDR2 572 with 3-3-3-9 timings. If I can get that 24/7 stable I will be happy :D

I looked at the vdimm the first time and was thinking "1.85v?!?!" and then I of course remembered that you are running DDR2 which accounts for the really loose timings. Not sure I would go beyond 3-3-3-8 as far as timings go regardless of FSB speed increase, but I am on DDR so as I said it's a totally different boat.

Nice that there are a couple people here who aren't afraid to get their feet wet and try new overclock settings though. I still need to get used to the god damn DFI memory settings and make good use of this week 15 baby...

I got my 3000+ venice to 2.4...whoop-de-doo. I am gonna go a lot higher, try to get it to 3 on stock cooling, it might happen :)

I still have to build mine and burn it in. I've had my friggen board for MONTHS and have yet to use it. All I'm waiting for is my pump (Had to RMA my other one, didnt work) and I'm going to slap it all in a temporary case and start the OCing.

I still need to get used to the god damn DFI memory settings and make good use of this week 15 baby...
If I remember right you have TCCD or TCC5 right? Either one should yeild some nice results.

I am predicting 300x10 at 2.5-3-3-7 1T :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom