Windows Vista, IE7 Betas Leak to Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
Less than 24 hours after Microsoft announced the release of Windows Vista Beta 1 and Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 to testers and MSDN subscribers, both betas have leaked to Internet sites and newsgroups along with a crack for Windows Product Activation, according to BetaNews sources.

The Vista download weighs in at close to 2.5GB, but the operating system's heft did not keep the pirates away. The next-generation Windows beta likely uses the same activation technology found in Windows XP, which was compromised long ago.

Such a leak is not that surprising considering over 10,000 beta testers were included in the first round of testing alone. Those numbers do not count MSDN subscribers who were also given access to the Beta 1 bits.

Alpha builds of the operating system, then code-named Longhorn, have frequently leaked from Microsoft labs during development. And Microsoft encountered the same problems with Windows Whistler, which later became Windows XP.

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1, which is available within Windows Vista and on its own, requires Windows Genuine Advantage verification to install, sources said. Microsoft opted not to make the first beta publicly available, and has not set a timeline for the final release of its long-awaited new Web browser.

Microsoft representatives were not available to comment on the leaks by press time.

Um.... i was thinking this was going to happen.

I just saw these uploaded to few sites and I was really surprised that so many people are drooling over a new IE. If the old version sucks, why will the new one be better?? You have to be retarted to use a beta internet browser, anyway.

yep that very true tahts y i love FireFox. no matter what IE will never be better the freaking beta is still testing i bet there will be so many holes in it.

Iv'e seen the beta 7 IE, it kinda looks like Safari. Imagine that Microsoft gets inspired from another OS. :rolleyes: Here's a video where the IE 7 developers are going ape shit about how "Longhorn Loves RSS", even wearing a shirt saying that. Safari, FF and Opera have saw the RSS light long ago yet Microsoft jumps in and acts like they created the protocol.

I will admit that Microsoft does have some interesting plans for RSS in IE 7. Also, in an interesting note they mentioned the RSS extentions featured in IE 7 will be available to everyone and even made mention of Linux developers being able to incorporate them into their projects. It will be released through Creative Commons, a first for Microsoft I believe.

Longhorn Loves RSS Video

Forward about 3/4 of the way through to get to the IE 7 footage.

Heck we had a member who I assume is banned now post a link to a pirated bit torrent file. I hope microsoft takes swift action to close down these sites.

Tyler1989 said:
Heck we had a member who I assume is banned now post a link to a pirated bit torrent file. I hope microsoft takes swift action to close down these sites.

thats if they can get them.

I suppose but I'm also willing to bet over half of these sites are actually using a Fedora, SuSe, or Mandriva ISO and only renaming the file to Vista.

Tyler, i've been observing your answers for a while and it seems to me that you can't take off the blindfold and see what Microsoft is all about and why so many people try to stay away from it. My advice is to get a more objective opinion. You say you've tried Linux and you couldn't use it. Why?

Unless of course you work at MS or are related to someone who work there then that's fine. But it's not good socially to be a fanatic of anything!

This is just a friendly comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom