Dell Laptop pop and burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamelajo

Solid State Member
I have a Dell laptop still under warranty. Last night I went to plug the power supply connector (which was already plugged into the wall socket) into the computer. I miscalculated the insertion point and accidentally hit the serial port with the ac connector, I heard a small pop and smelled something burning from the serial port. The computer was on at the time and the screen went blank and then black. I tried to restart and the caps lock, scroll lock and num lock lights came on for just a second and then nothing. Any idea on what kind of damage I have done? Could it just be the power supply? I have contacted Dell, but have decided to call back during the day to talk to different rep (had a little trouble understanding the one I spoke with last night :/ )

thanks

Probolly blew a capicator

Anyways, your not fixing the problem yourself, be happy you have a warranty

same prob here. We use all dells here at boeing, and when we call dell, i get so mad, i cant understand them, and they act like they know more than me about pcs.

Your ac adapter is the power supply. If it wont run off of battery, id say you probably poped something on the board

I just contaced the daytime Dell rep he stated they have dispatched a replacement motherboard and processor...hope this solves my problem.

good stuff. do you know how to fit a replacement mobo and proc into a laptop?

No, I'm not sure how to replace them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

come to think of it, i dont know either. im a desktop man myself.

anyone good at the guts of a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom