3½ drive disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

swp4lfe

Beta member
Hmm? For some reason my 3½ floppy drive is gone. Its literally there but my PC doesnt read it. It worked for 3 years and ever since i put a new graphix card in it hasnt been there since. But im not sure what the problem is i click start, run, b:/ and nothing. I go to my computer and there is not floppy drive. How can i install it again? Im not sure where the install disk is for the floppy or if there ever was one. What should i do??

swp4lfe said:
Hmm? For some reason my 3½ floppy drive is gone. Its literally there but my PC doesnt read it. It worked for 3 years and ever since i put a new graphix card in it hasnt been there since. But im not sure what the problem is i click start, run, b:/ and nothing. I go to my computer and there is not floppy drive. How can i install it again? Im not sure where the install disk is for the floppy or if there ever was one. What should i do??

Make sure the power and IDE connectors are snug. If it still doesn't work buy a new one, they're a dime a dozen.

Is there any power going to it? Green led lit up or blinking?

hmm well when i put in a new graphix card i didnt know what to do with the y connector and i tried to pull out some wire on accident :( so maybe i pulled something out or its losen i will check, Do 3½ drives com with start up disk? And no there is no lights coming on near the drive so maybe its not connected or something

swp4lfe said:
hmm well when i put in a new graphix card i didnt know what to do with the y connector and i tried to pull out some wire on accident :( so maybe i pulled something out or its losen i will check, Do 3½ drives com with start up disk? And no there is no lights coming on near the drive so maybe its not connected or something

I'm sure you just pulled out or loosened the power connector. It's a small 4 pin power connector..... here's a pic if you're not sure.....

And no, no discs
guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom