Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup I ran to the store last night and got some blank DVDs. Gonna take awhile with my internet connection though *grumbles*.

Doesnt it piss you off that people who didnt pay hundreds of dollars for MSDN will have this before you? One torrent site has over 300 completed downloads in less than 12 hours......lets see if we can get some screenshots up here soon.

bah you know I'm against the screenshots go over to Mr. Thurrot if you want pictures. It looks the same as revision 5048 with a new task bar theme and some extra goodies.

Beta 1 does not include eye candy that is what Beta 2 will include.

And no it doesn't get me mad because I know they are breaking the law and are risking penalties and are also probably gonna end up with a 2.3ish Linux ISO. Lol won't they be suprised when they burn a Fedora, SuSe, or Mandriva DVD instead of a pirated Vista.

VISTA may refer to*Volunteers in Service to America*

In the fiction of J. R. R. Tolkien, Vista is a part of the atmosphere that surrounds the world of Arda before the cataclysm at the end of the Second Age. Vista forms the inner layer of normal air: above it is Ilmen, and above that Vaiya.

VISTA is the Visible & Infrared Survey Telescope for Astronomy, a 4m telescope in development which will be sited at Cerro Paranal in Chile. It is hoped that it will be operational in 2006. It will have a wide field of view, and as the name suggests it will focus on optical and infrared surveys of the sky. VISTA is being built close to ESO's VLT by a consortium of 18 UK universities.

Look I said it doesn't have any eye candy wait for Beta 2 if you want that. And no it doesn't have the same problems as XP as all active bugs had to be solved before even the beta could be released.

With the announcement of Longhorn's official name, Microsoft has left many users asking: Why Windows Vista? Company representatives told BetaNews that Microsoft felt the new version of Windows "deserved a name that was more representative of what it specifically brings to customers."

"Today, we live in a world of 'more' -- more information, more ways to communicate, more things to do, more opportunities -- and at the same time, more responsibilities. Increasingly, we all turn to our PCs to help us with that," a Microsoft spokesperson said. "At the end of the day, what you're after is a way to break through all the clutter to focus on what you want to focus on, what you need to do. What you're trying to get to is your own personal Vista -- whether that is trying to organize photos, or trying to find a file or trying to connect and collaborate with a number of people electronically."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom