laptop upgrade or buy a new one???

Status
Not open for further replies.

atila

Solid State Member
Hi there...

just trying trying to find some information about what should i do with my laptop..

bought it a year ago, toshiba Satelite A 40, 30 gig, 256 ram, cd burner...

Today, i think it need a bit more of ram--> i could go for a 256 ram extra.

i do need a dvd burner--> because on this world of the digital / numerique camera , the cd is now to small to get something on. --> so lets say an external dvd driver. (£50)

But i do want as well some more memory harddrive...i just decide i don t want to buy any more cd, but now just download them..(people say this is the future)(i am out of date)--> you can get a external 250 gb for £100/120 on the web..

So from that, i have the same laptop, with a good ram, big harddrive, and a dvd burner for my picture to save as storage.

or the other option are to sell the one i have and go for a new laptop who will have already the dvd, enought ram, and enought hardrive capacity... but may be just for an extra year!!!

the worry as well is that you have to take in consideration that your external hardrive can crashed, and your 250gb collection of music could be disapeard!!!!!!!!

thanks

i would upgrade, you might not get wat you want for this one, and i've always learned, its not if your hard drive will fail, its when. so the hdd you have in there now could go now, it could go in 20 years if u actually used it that long. just have that dvd burner and back up your data as much as possible without wasting time and money, and also if its that data sensitive, backup your backups. what do you use your laptop for and for what reasons are you wanting to upgrade your ram, just out of curiosity, it really never hurts, im just wondering.

thanks ibman.

i do use my laptop, not for work, but i do use it everyday / up to 3 hours a day - emails - reasearch - No game-no download yet(music) but i will in the future.

the ram, because, i thought, it was getting slow, and it s only have 256, so i thought i should upgrade it at 512.

But i think thats because of viruses...

if you can help on the following subject:
Hi there...

my laptop was getting slow, so i did some research on it, run norton virus, didnt catch anything except the saha agent.

then i run msconfig , and i had a list of all programm who start at ...

I make a list of them and make research on the web about the programs.. so many.. and

viruses viruses (or malware trojan etc... - all the same for me)

ccApp.exe , winasp.exe , npfw32.exe ,SVPHOST.exe , MsnMsgr ,,
some of that are definitely virus, and some other i do not know the on the web i find that some of that could be good programs.

And where do they come from?

So, what should i do? trying to clean all this virus or should i just formate my laptop?

after reading all the process to clean each virus, i really will prefer to format it!!! and i know how To do it - but if i do formate it, do all this nasty virus will be definitely out of my machine??

or should i bring it to a computer shop and get it done there and spend £££$$$

Thanks

Formatting your harddrive removes EVERYTHING, windows, viruses, everything. I would highly recomend it, than using some GOOD anti virus and spyware programs like AVG free and Microsoft Antispyware Beta.

It sounds like you need a desktop. I don't think their's a single laptop with 250 gig of storage.

i was thinking he meant 250 external storage, but yea that is a good idea, if i could afford it i'd have that up here on my desk rather than a server in the basement. and yea formatting it willd efinitely fix anything, that SVPHOST definitely looks suspicious, i know i hav e a few SVC hosts in my task manager but no svp host. and can we get a 2nd opinion on winasp.exe , npfw32.exe? not sure about these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom