In need of a total PC whiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf2006

Baseband Member
Edit:Scracth what I said can anyone make me a PC for gaming Doom 3 graphics for Around 500 please post it here thanks

A 9600 Pro will let you run doom 3 at high settings @ 800x600, and get a decent frame rate

With the .cfg file tweaked.

there is a tweak where you can get up to a 20-40% increase in framerates on low-midrange systems. I can't recall what you need to do but all you have to do it change some variables..... I am too lazy to google it....... But I saw it in a computer gaming mag, and it worked for me.

even a x300se will let you play @ 800x600 at medium setting, with a framerate of 40-60fps. apart from high particle counts, when it drops to about 4. :( lol

check out fatwallet.com, there were some guys there buying a tower with athlon 64 3400, socket 754, with 256 mb ram, and 80 gig HD's and DVD burners at compUSA during their midnight madness special, after $300 in rebates their towers were like $175 or something ridiculously low likethat, no BS. Then they would use the money they would get back on the rebate to buy a new PSU, extra ram, and an 8X AGP video card.

It can be done if you find a lucky deal.

I'd suggest something like an Athlon XP 2600+ or 2800+, 512MB PC3200, Radeon 9600 XT, and a socket A motherboard from DFI, MSI, Gigabyte or Abit.
Abit's are really good in the Socket A series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom