worth getting sound cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to take advantage of things like EAX and A3D in games, then yes.

i thought that some boards came with the audigy integrated oh well. But the answer in my oppinion is simply yes, if you play cs or bf2... especially bf2. I was using the integrated sound on bf2.. i then poped in an audigy 2 and put the sound settings on high and enabled eax. wow what a difference. To me, the sound is one of that games good features,, well besides the music.You can fire your gun and hear it echo for a long way, if you have a wall on one side and a field to your other, you can hear the reverberation difference n stuff.

jseber1982 said:
i thought that some boards came with the audigy integrated oh well. But the answer in my oppinion is simply yes, if you play cs or bf2... especially bf2. I was using the integrated sound on bf2.. i then poped in an audigy 2 and put the sound settings on high and enabled eax. wow what a difference. To me, the sound is one of that games good features,, well besides the music.You can fire your gun and hear it echo for a long way, if you have a wall on one side and a field to your other, you can hear the reverberation difference n stuff.

I noticed the same big improvement in BF2 with my Audigy 2.

and thats just with regular headphones. plannin on buyin a pair of 5.1 headphones, those should be killr. Maybe even the x-fi board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom