alienware workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hi there..
recently i was looking for a good 3d modeling laptop when i found this alienware that i was going to buy
http://www.alienware.com/product_de...?SysCode=PC-LT-MJ12M-7700&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT
but one of my co workers told me that i can build top of the line desktop workstation for not even half of the price..is that tru?then why is the alienware so expensive then?
this is what i was going to buy
Intel® Pentium® 4 550J Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB Cache
17" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD Clearview Display
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 533MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Alienware® MJ12m 7700 NVIDIA Quadro FX Go 1400 with 256MB of DDR memory
120GB 5400 RPM ATA100
8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW / 24X CD-RW Combo w/Software
the total was $3028
so if i want to build a desktop workstation do you know how much would it cost me,and is there anything here i should consider upgrading...
thanks alot for your help
yora

i was going to pay $3028 but if i can build better one for less than that
that would be great...i mean if i can get the same thing for $2000 why not..but i am willing to pay up to $3000 if it makes much diffrence in preformance..

oh buy the way..i dont have a moniter,or a key bored or anything ells..so the price should include every thing ...from the case to components and everything ells..
thanks

Alienware (took me 2 minutes to spell alien.. lol.. didnt think to look up..) is VERY pricy... defintly dont get what you pay for

for 3000$ u could get the most killer desktop it would blow away any laptop belive me if u want me to build u a system tell me and i will

Is sig santa the guy that takes everyones sigs away?... Maybe he should be the sig FAIRY! And he could leave a little quarter sig behind for them!

lol at seige.. dude comltely off topic but yes thats pretty funny.. and what i meant was tha Alienware overcharges WAY TOO MUCH!!! or in otherwords... DONT buy from them... all ur doing is spending 3200 bucks on the name "Alienware" when the computer prolly only costs a grand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom