The Hell of owning a DELL - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well unlike most this guy could use a computer for basic internet functions, like a chat

I betya most dell people are just learning how to use a phone.

LOL - Well, just to update everyone. I just got home from work and decided I would give it one more hack to see if i could figure this sucker out. Well, i'm kinda happy to say that i'm back on the 8300 as we speak.

I guess i didn't try all of the module combinations... lol I put 1 stick of 512MB in DIMM CHANNEL 2 slot 3. Passed post and booted to my OS. Then I tried another 512MB in DIMM CHANNEL 2 slot 4. And also passed post and booted to OS. Then I tried putting another 512MB in DIMM channel 1 slot 2 and got the beep codes. failed to post. So I guess it's safe to say that the DIMM CHANNEL 1 of this board is screwed. Which leaves me with only 1 DIMM channel.

Well, I guess it wasn't the northbridge after all. But, I'm still glad that I ordered the new parts for my rebuild. It's probably only a matter of time before the 2nd DIMM CHANNEL goes too.

Don't buy Dell. I repeat, don't buy Dell....

Hey, what are you going to do with old mobo

I have 3 suggestions

1: Solder tubes into it, and say my motherboard still has tubes
2: Microwave it
3: crap, i forgot

DJ-CHRIS said:
Hey, what are you going to do with old mobo

I have 3 suggestions

1: Solder tubes into it, and say my motherboard still has tubes
2: Microwave it
3: crap, i forgot

LOL - I might take the dell case & mobo out to a field, and either take a baseball bat to it, or possibly just set it on fire and watch it burn...

But Tubes sounds like a good idea too... Microwaving, is out of the question. I don't need to buy a new microwave now..

Thanks again for your offer CHRIS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom