Dell PSU compatible with other MOBO's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepg

In Runtime
I have a Dell PSU from a P2, in1998. It worked fine with the dell but now that I hooked it into ASUS A7V-333 it doesn't do anything. the light in the MOBO doesn't come on when the ATX power clip is plugged into the MOBO. Could it be a bad MOBO battery?

Probolly too weak, however Current dell PSU's are not compatable except for a few exclusions.

However yours is compatable (hey, im suprised it would have an ATX connector though) as dell did not make propertiary PSU's back than

On the other hand if the light did not come on, you could have fried your mobo if my date is off over a year, it was 1998 or 1999 (I think 1999)

If that's the case, feel happy your motherboard did not pysically explode and hurt you

Any suggestions on a new PSU? I have 1 thermaltake, 2 antec. Don't really notice much of a difference. what's the best bang for the buck?

i know that the problem was solved but i've noticed on some dells that the 12 volt lines have been 7.7volts. It wasn't just one machine it has been a couple. That could also be a cause.

-Aaron

Dell does stuff like put the 12 volt line where a ground was.

Thermaltake are defiantly the best bang for your buck PSU's, you dont need something really good for your computer, a cheap TT-420AD would be quite a bit more than your PC would need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom