Safe CPU Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Solid State Member
Im just curious about this, because with my CPU (Amd XP 2700+) It hovers around 60-70c!!! but i have a program called Cooler XP with PC Alert that lowers it to around 45-55c. I was just wondering what are actually the temperatures i should keep my pc at, and what this Cooler XP actually does? and whether i should use it all the time? because i dont actually know how it works :eek:

you should have around 35-55C without the CPU cooler program. you are definately overheating. is your cpu fan spinning? if you had a thermal pad scrape it off and apply thermal grease to the cpu die.

My CPU is between 47-52 C when I've overclocked it like this(look sig). The temp inside the box is about 28-29, room is 25.
Thermal grease, not silver compound. I've never heard of this Cooler XP. Does it effect the "power" of the CPU? How does it work?

I'm getting an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton ...at what tempurature farenheit should my CPU always be? I'm getting the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and it has a program allowing you to see the temps of your hardware, etc...what should that read and what should my bios read? Farenheit and Celsius? thanks!

Above roughly 65C... Yes a cooling prob.. unless you overclocking.. Or else.. Your comp will work as good as possible..

strange :s When its being used for internet or something it will stay around 45, and when i play games it does go to 60. The temperatures i reported before were those i reached in the summer ( it was really hot then 40c outside ) it is not overclocked and the temperatures i have mentioned are without cooler xp, with it my games just dont work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom