Im stuck between buying a pc and a mac, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
PPC chips can be up to 80% more effcient then an intel at the same clock speed. (1.8ghz apple is about the same as a 3.2ghz intel)

"You're s G@Y as G-Unit when you talk like that..."

Milliteq_CEO said:
Look kid, the Macs are crap, PCs have power, so go with the PC.
You souned like some sort of N.I.M.R.O.D. :rolleyes: I'm sorry to say it, but saying one platform sucks is stupid enough, but when you go around saying that with no paticular proof behind it, (and in the mist of at least 10 different members here that say the exact opposite) you are a: ***********!!!! :D :D :rolleyes: :cool:

Go with an Amd Athlon 64 processor PC. Athlon 64's are 64 bit along with the Apple G5 Processor which cost over $2500 AUD.

waynejkruse10 said:
Go with an Amd Athlon 64 processor PC. Athlon 64's are 64 bit along with the Apple G5 Processor which cost over $2500 AUD.

An AMD system was not one of his listed options, and AMD doesn't come with OS X :)

in computers, you can choose more than the 2 partys. It doesnt matter if its not one of the "options" we can still mention it to him and try and convince him that AMD are very decent.

It boils down to:

With the Mac mini, you are buying into old Technology. The g4 processor is superseeded by the except in the budget lines. You get a PC, you get latest technology.

With the Mac mini, you will get a nice os to work with. However for graphic design - a mac cant do no more than a pc. A athlon 64 has a FSB (i know its actually HTT but im doing it for comparitive reasons) compared to the G5. AMd and Intel have affordable Dual Core so you can set Photoshop Rendering on one core, and listen to music, email, browse web, download stuff without slowing down because of the dual core. Apple doenst have that (to my knowledge) and if they do, it probly would be top of the line, very expensive. The Pc has a lot of new technology and features for the same price. Go with the PC

ok i said that because i am a PC guy, i've never really experianced Mac, but i do know that the Mac has less software options compared to PC. And though Mac is more stable than PC, i choose to you PC more. i don't even know where to buy a Mac. i am being steriotypical really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_distortion_field

Apple uses outdated PC components? They used SATA drives before most computer manufacturers were even aware of it was. Apple PIONEERED the disk drive with the Disk ][. They were the first computer manufacturer to widely use the CD drive, with the AppleCD SC.

The interior of a Mac is also revolutionary. Look at the screwless design and the magnificent way everything is in place.

I have history on my side :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom