Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
Sorry I know this is a stupid question, but where I download and install my 6600gt drivers to? Is there a specific folder, or do I put them anywhere?

Whats wrong with the one it automatically wants to go to when you install it to?

You can put them anywhere. All that installer does is extract the driver install files. It's like a self-extracting installer.

Just do as Trifid said and extract it to the default folder, but remember what folder it is. If it's really that big of a deal, just throw it into C:\temp\.

When it's done, go to that folder and start the actual driver installer (setup.exe or install.exe or something). It will then install the drivers as necessary, no need to specify dirs.

arent you supposed to update your drivers? and when im done installing the drivers can I remove the installers?

nVidia removes you the trouble of having to update it manually. Their installers do it automatically. This is unlike Leadtek where you have to extract the drivers to a folder and manually update them yourself.

But yeap, you can delete the installers. After all, they are just installers, and you already installed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom