Taking advise to Build. Please Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

gate9

Baseband Member
Ordering from NewEgg. Any suggestions? Did I miss anything, beside the sound card, which I am not going to order. I am not 100 % sure of compatibility. Will I need to buy cables? Sorry about being a doorknob with the newbe request for help. This is the first system. Thank you to those on the forum that had been answering questions that have given me the confidence to now build.

Case: Thermaltake Soprano VB1000BNS Black Chassis: 0.8 mm SECC, Front Door: Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail Model #: VB1000BNS

Case Fan: Thermaltake A2016 80mm 1 Ball 1 Sleeve Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan - Retail Model #: A2016

Mother board: ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail Model #: A8N-SLI

Memory: crucial 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model CT6464Z40B.8T - OEM Model #: CT6464Z40B.8T

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX55 San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADAFX55BNBOX - Retail Model #: ADAFX55BNBOX

Thermal Grease: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM Model #: ARCTIC SILVER

Power Supply: Thermaltake W0057 PurePower ATX 12V 2.0 500W Power Supply - Retail Model #: W0057

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380011A 80GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM Model #: ST380011A

Video Card: WinFast PX7800GTX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail Model #: WinFast PX7800GTX

Combo drive: SAMSUNG Black IDE Combo Drive Model TS-H492A/BEBN - OEM Model #: TS-H492A/BEBN

Wireless Network Card: LINKSYS WMP54G PCI Wireless Adapter - Retail Model #: WMP54G

Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM

$2,020.23 with shipping.

ok please search tf there are about 5 posts a day regarding the same bs and its really starting to get annoying to many people please use the search funtion
but everything looks ok
go with the evga gfx card not winfast

Don't be a douche this guy came here for help, And I am going to help

Yes everything will work, and eVGA and Leadtek are the two top producers of graphics card for Nvidia chipsets, so either one is fine

You may want to reconsider the CPU, an FX-55 is a waste of money if you know how to overclock, 3700+ (San Diego core) is a good cheaper choice, but the FX-55 is still better, but overly expensive

The A8N Sli by Asus is one of the worst SLI boards made, if you want the best board it's the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
You can also get different SLI board's from MSI and Abit which kick Asus's ass front, right and center, Asus for AMD processors sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom