Networking Windows 98 & MAC OSX Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

novacaine98

Baseband Member
I just got DSL from Qwest and they gave me an Actiontec DSL modem with wireless gateway. Since I have two computers, a Gateway Essential from 1998 running Windows 98 and a brand new iMac G5 which has a built-in wireless card they connected the modem to the gateway. I can access the internet on both computers just fine. However I want to be able to share files between the computers. I have no idea how to set up the network on windows 98. I went into control panel and then network and I have Client for Microsoft Network installed and I also checked the File and Print Sharing ability. What else do I need to do?

novacaine98 said:
I just got DSL from Qwest and they gave me an Actiontec DSL modem with wireless gateway. Since I have two computers, a Gateway Essential from 1998 running Windows 98 and a brand new iMac G5 which has a built-in wireless card they connected the modem to the gateway. I can access the internet on both computers just fine. However I want to be able to share files between the computers. I have no idea how to set up the network on windows 98. I went into control panel and then network and I have Client for Microsoft Network installed and I also checked the File and Print Sharing ability. What else do I need to do?

Hope this helps...

How to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom