Are framed sites completely non-searchable by SEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought frames were used in the early days as it made pages appear faster bit by bit but with modern dial ups and broadband theres no need to use them.

Personally i find them a waste of time much easier to do a web page without them.

The site design doesn't "blow". But the use of frames in this instance is gratuitous and on some pages actually interferes with the site content. So if this designer asked my advice, I'd tell him to ditch the frames. Not a great argument, in my opinion, for framed sites.

Sometimes frames are the last resort. I recently made a flash header that had a little "intro" animation. I didnt want to replay the intro sequence when the whole page reloaded, so I was forced to use frames...
It sucks, and the Search Engines have a hard time with it, but there was no other viable alternative.

Tables are proven to take much longer to render when viewing web pages, I suggest using the provided <div> in conjunction with tables, because nested tables are bad, and even disabled in XHTML STRICT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom