Black Screen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy8748

In Runtime
Hi all, I am having a problem with my pc, 3 days ago I downloaded a program that checked my computer specs. and it froze while loading so I turned my pc off and decided to open up my pc's case and check what kind of ram I have. After I found out what type of ram i had I turned the pc back on, but the monitor didn't want to turn on it was just black. (the light that turns green on the monitor didn't it was orange as if it was still sleeping) The computer was making the same sounds as always whenever I turned it on it's just the monitor seems like it's still on sleep mode.
PS: I did check of the monitor plug is plugged into the pc.

Btw here are my pc specs:

33.3Gb of hd space
256Mb ram
ati radeon 9600XT graphics card
Intel graphics
Intel celeron processor

Did u touch any components inside the case. If so u might have pulled some wires out. Open the case up again and if you dont see any cords unplugged then we will just go from there.

i know with my video card that i have to have a power cord plugged in the inside of the case. I would check that...

-Aaron

cashmoney said:
Did u touch any components inside the case. If so u might have pulled some wires out. Open the case up again and if you dont see any cords unplugged then we will just go from there.
I didn't touch anything all I did was looked at my ram stick to see what type of ram I have. All I touched was 1 cord, you know those really wide ones in your pc, but I don't think that would have caused a problem..

its sound like your refering to your HD cable (IDE or PATA). You might want to check that. Although i don't think that it would cause what you are discribing. Even if you didn't touch them cables can still come loose. My advise would be to reseat all of the cables to your HD, Video card, Memory, etc. and power it back up. If that doesn't work and you have integrated video on your Mobo then try switching to that.

-Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom