Oh No!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I'm doing exactly. F2 then going to the boot tab and then to boot sequence. All it has is A: only, C: only, and A: then C:

I don't have a A: drive on there though?

Oh no.

OK, I guess my option is to get an external floppy drive.

However, they all connect via USB. This doesn't have a usb port!
I has a pcmcia USB card and I'm sure when I used kill disk it wiped that out?

Am I screwed. For all the floppy drives it says system requirements say 95/98,etc.... however, it says "no operating system found"

ok im a noob so his may not work at all :) but

could you find another laptop and switch the 2 hard drives, then try to install the os on the other computer and see if that lets you select cd boot first, then switch em back?

Is there anyway to connect my laptop that has no cd-rom drive and no OS to another one of my laptops and boot from there? If so, how? Would I need a floppy because I don't have a floppy drive on any of my laptops? What type of cable would I need? I have no USB ports.

sj022698 said:
That is what I'm doing exactly. F2 then going to the boot tab and then to boot sequence. All it has is A: only, C: only, and A: then C:

I don't have a A: drive on there though?
A: if for floppies and you don't have that so it's normal now figure out what is your CD lettter it should say this drive is a CD though I would guess D: E: or F: is your CD.

And there is a CD drive I am not sure one the problem heck Win95 may not be bootable for all I know that might be why it isn't working.

Just keep working on the BIOS till you are able to correctly get it to boot from the CD Rom Letter first.

The only letters are A: only, C: only, or A: then C:
Those the only options and I've tried them all?

leaf said:
it should work with c:
Ignore him as he doesn't know your situation there is now OS to boot from.

That said you are using an older form of BIOS the one I used before I updated my BIOS I suspect. C: will always be your HD in most cases. If you don't have a floppy I assume A: will be your CD drive. Now with A: set to boot first and you reboot with the Win95 disc in your CD tray nothing happens right.

This leaves us with two possibilities.

A.) Windows 95 is not bootable and you will need to setup from DOS which you will need to load from a bootable disc

B.) Your CD Rom is not being recongized and will need to load a driver for it. Can you tell me all about your computer. Do you know who built it, the computer model, and other info I need to find the manufacturer of your CD Rom so I can find it's driver.

About Option B I've had this happen to me when I was working on a completly SCSI computer and I was eventually forced to load Windows from a Jazz drive once I copied it to the jazz media in DOS. I feel your pain I really do getting drivers that are not recongized is a real pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom