can i overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguin001

Beta member
well, i have cpu-z and looked at my computer specs and this is what i have.

ASUSTEK computer inc.
P4SD-LA

Intel Pentium 4 2.6 GHz
multiplier: x13
512 mb ddr sdram
fsb: 200 MHz
Bus speed: 800 MHz

so my question is if i am able to overclock anything at all, because i looked in the bios and couldnt find anything.

also one more thing, while looking in cpu-z i noticed my voltage was at about 3.0 V, is that normal or is that too high

thanx in advance for any help

if your bios doesn't have any options for ocing the cpu or ram then no, you can't oc.there are programs you can download to oc the cpu, but the genereal consensus is that they don't work very well and have very few ocing options.

There is not going to be something in the BIOS that says "Change this to overclock" unless your board has that especially. And then even in that case, those things suck and should not be used. You have to do it manually, by upping the FSB and the voltage and changing RAM timings and thigns of that nature. Do some research, you have the internet at your fingertips. Also read the sticky at the top of the overclocking section. Research is your friend... RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!

defintly find ur temp first... to see how high/low it is... like i wanted to o/c today and my temp is at 65 degrees C so i have to buy a HSF tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom