How much overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you posative thats load? And have you ran prime95 for 12 hours yet? Anyways it's possible your software can be reading it wrong or the BIOS is reporting it wrong to. Meh download everest home edition or another program to see what the temps are.

I just played prince of persia and temps went up to 49c. And i ve checked temps in other softwares too they r the same and i also have sensors in my case which chow almost exact temps.
And what does prime 95 do and why should i use it for 12 hours?
I think its all cauz i have a good case with pretty nice airflow and my room temp is also below 21 most of the time so it keeps the temps under controll.

Ahh, thats why my system stays really cool. :p But Prime95 stress tests your computer and sees if there are any problems that can arise with your hardware.

TechKid said:
its probally a northwood. there temperatures arnt nearly as bad as the prescotts

It is a prescott.
Anyways northwoods are not as good as prescotts, and the prescott can OC alot higher since the long pipeline.

softhunder said:
I m kind of noob. I did this overclocking with asus AI Booster and its pretty easy to do. Right now i just got the message when i restarted that overclocking failed so i just turned it down to 3.7ghz but temps r still amazing.
Nice OC but....

You might want to slow down a bit and do some reading on OC'ing via the BIOS. If you are using AI Booster, I am betting you have not locked PCI-e/PCI. With that kind of OC you DEFINATELY want to lock those.

Also, since I am also guessing you haven't increased vcore, that means you could probably get an even higher stable OC.

By the looks of it, you have a good chip there, so keep doing some reading and you can get a better more stable OC by learning the BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom