Crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your BIOS is saved in a type of non-volatle memory; "flash memory".
Flashing your bios is basically just rewriting it, but it has some risk to it. If the BIOS flash is stopped, (due to you turning your computer off, etc) while it's writing, your BIOS could be useless.

Is there anyway to connect my laptop that has no cd-rom drive and no OS to another one of my laptops and boot from there? If so, how? Would I need a floppy because I don't have a floppy drive on any of my laptops? What type of cable would I need? I have no USB ports.

sj022698 said:
Is there anyway to connect my laptop that has no cd-rom drive and no OS to another one of my laptops and boot from there? If so, how? Would I need a floppy because I don't have a floppy drive on any of my laptops? What type of cable would I need? I have no USB ports.
You could use a null modem cable through your serial port, and make the connection to the other PC through that. But if don't even have a floppy or cd drive, I don't see anyway you could do it.

You will need to get a floppy drive from somewhere, and using a bootable floppy disk to get it to run windows.

You could take the hdd out, and putting it in another computer like a friends one, or worst come to the worst, a computer shop.

Can I get an external floppy for say my HP ZT1175 in which I have a cd-rom and that computer works great and connect it to the crappy computer so I can go on the crappy computer in which all quit working and make it at least boot. If so, how do I get it to recognize the cd-rom again. Will I have to find a driver and if so, can I load that from my hp connected to my crappy computer?

What else would I need beside the floppy drive. What kind of cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom