Which way should I have my front fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballphreak

Solid State Member
I have a side window case fan blowing air out the side, a back case fan blowing air out the back, and 2 front case fans blowing air into the case. I was wondering, for the best effect, should I have the 2 front fans sucking air and blowing towards the front, or keep it the way I have it? Thanks in advance.

You want to have your front fans as intake, bringing air into the case. Your rear fans should pull air out of the case. This creates a bit of a stable airflow where air flows through in one general direction, not being pulled here and there.

The wind tunnel on the Silverstone Temjin 6 (my case) stresses this idea by sectioning off the front intake with the rear exhaust so that air flows within the wind tunnel in that one directional flow idea.

I would move one of the front intakes to rear exaust and switch the side fan to intake. Good chance it would lower temps and definately worth a shot. So you would have:

2 x rear exaust
1 x side intake
1x front intake

Actually you should keep more intakes than exhausts, and let the air exhaust itself if you cannot get another fan in the back. An exhaust fan only works well if there is more air in there to exhaust. Ifd it is dispelling more air than there is in the case, than it kind of is at a stalemate.

Well, I only have space for one fan in the rear, so how should I have my fans? Should I maybe have it like

1xrear exhaust
2xfront intake
1xside intake

??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom