Business computer error message help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashman009

Baseband Member
This is a message i'm recieving on my Dads business computer--
a few seconds after my active desktop shuts down, and the Blue screen from hell comes up and says--

stop:0x000000D1(0x00000015 0x00000002,0x00000000,0xEB6A2B46)
Driver Irql not less or equal

it says to uninstall any newly installed software or hardware and my dad claims he hasnt installed any.

Please any help!!

yes, safe mode does work

we are having him boot in safe mode and copy his work to a floppy and transfer it to his other (not as important computer)
so he can finish it

Hardware driver conflict. Go the the device manager in Safe Mode: anything wiht an exclamation point listed next to the device? He may have a hardware failure such as sound card, or other installed PCI device. IRQL error suggests a bad PCI card or corrupted driver for one of the installed PCI hardware components.

i got on a site called annoyances.org and they had a huge page of people that have complained about it
some of them are saying that if some of your pci cards are cluttered together then you need to spread them out.
My dad has a soundcard,networkcard, and some other carrd all in the bottom three pci spaces. do u think if i spread them as much as i can apart it will be fixed?
and if i do do that then can i just move them and boot up to windows or do I have to do any changes in Bios

I hope yall understood my bad grammer

crashman009 said:
i got on a site called annoyances.org and they had a huge page of people that have complained about it
some of them are saying that if some of your pci cards are cluttered together then you need to spread them out.
My dad has a soundcard,networkcard, and some other carrd all in the bottom three pci spaces. do u think if i spread them as much as i can apart it will be fixed?
and if i do do that then can i just move them and boot up to windows or do I have to do any changes in Bios

I hope yall understood my bad grammer

The only thing that that would help is the heat displacement, worth a try I guess.

i cant really do anything to it at the moment cause he is working and he doesnt think his 15 year old son knows what hes doing, if he doesnt leave in the next 30 minutes theres nothing i can do. My older brother and I have to go see our grandparents. Ill try and tell my oldest brother who majored in computer science what yall said. Thanks for the help

windows update has a bad habit of installing new drivers for you if your settings are to install automatically. What could have happened is a driver got corrupted during the download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom