What is the Difference/Advantages of Different Asus A7N8X Motherboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3incorp

In Runtime
I'm going to build a new system using an Asus A7N8X motherboard. I will probably use the A7N8X Deluxe but am wondering what are the differencesAdvantages between the A7N8X Deluxe, A7N8X-E Deluxe and A7N8X-VM/400

Think I have answered my own question.

The A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard improves on the popular A7N8X Deluxe by adding Gigabit LAN and the exclusive ASUS Wi-Fi slot for easy wireless LAN setup.

Since I'm already wireless I can skip on this one.

Now to see what the VM/400 offers.

Asus is trying to confuse me. It shows the nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset being on the A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and the VM/400 in one section but being on all three with the 2.0 or higher revision on all three of the motherboards.

Looks like the VM/400 adds a onboard graphics and a few other things to make it the highest performance All In One K7 platform.

The A7N8X-E Deluxe is being represented as the Flagship motherboard.

Now I just may have to go with the Flagship, especially since there is only a couple of $ difference.

I have to have the 400 MHz FSB.

im also wanting to upgrade my computer and i think im going for the same series of mobo's but for a low price but still good one which of those he mentioned would you recommend?

i want to either go to the athlon xp 2600,2700, or the 2800
depending on what i can afford

i have about $160 to spend on this (mobo and cpu)

well im only a virgin techie but for the CPU i would suggest the xp2500 cuz the xp2600 is only 66mhz faster... also the 2500 is quite a bit cheaper than the xp2600 and since u seem to be tight with money... id say get the xp2500... the motherboard? im not sure... im canadian so i dont know how much 160$ can get u.. i guess u might as well wait for a more knowledgable response

I agree with ek. There are some things that you might not want to buy refurbished. To me a motherboard and CPU is one of them. I would always be asking myself, What happened to cause it to be refurbished. You are wanting to keep the cost down so the regular A7N8X might be the best for you. Hey didn't ek say he sure would like to replace his Deluxe board with an E-Deluxe? Might want to see if he is willing do a deal.

tip-As soon as you buy something it drops in value and is obsolete
2500+ is sweat aspot for amd cpus so get it
Tip-Never work with via chipset if going amd route always get nForce2 Ultra 400 or along that breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom