How much overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

softhunder

Baseband Member
Hi.
I just got my rig yesterday and today i overclocked it to 3.9ghz and graphic adapter to 580 /1150
my temps are in lower 40s i just dont know how much should i overclock it. I havnt got any watercooling its just two 80mm case fans and thats all.
What do u ppl say? Is this a good overclocking or is it normal?

0.9Ghz OC? only 40C?

thats good on air cooling.

i dont OC, but keep going untill it become unstable, and then drop back a bit.

i'm impressed, Intels usually run at 70, even if you don't overclock... what core is your CPU?

I'd say 40C is good for something that isn't overclocked. I don't know why you would need to OC any further, but you probably could.

.9Ghz is plenty, if you want to OC more, just watch the temps, make sure it stays below about 75C, and then just keep it going. I find it amazing you can overclock by 900mhz and still have it at 40c

I m kind of noob. I did this overclocking with asus AI Booster and its pretty easy to do. Right now i just got the message when i restarted that overclocking failed so i just turned it down to 3.7ghz but temps r still amazing.
I scored 9116 in 3dmark 03 with plain system and after overclocking i got to 9970 and i havnt really dragged my vid card to its limits but it still good . Isnt it?

My 3dmark 03 scores at 539/1096 were 9026. Your good. Cpu stock.

Edit: Just retested and got 9133.

are you getting 40c load or idle temp? my cpu is oced about 700mhz, and i'm getting 40c idle and 55c load temps

its load temp and the strange thing is that the load doesnt make much differnce .Its idle at 39 and then load at 43c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom