Crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj022698

Baseband Member
I used "killdisk" freeware to clean my hard drive and now it says "no operating system found"

I have tried chan ging the boot sequence but I only have the option between A: and C:
Where did my CD-ROM go??
What do I do.
I don't have a floppy drive!

I only have a cd-rom and I can't even find it!

I wish I could tell you the OS that it restored to but I have NO idea!

Belive me, your CD-ROM drive is on the list. You do not select it by drive letter, but rather by ie: Hard disk, Floppy, LAN, CD-ROM

It should be in this order.

CD-ROM
Hard Disk
(Floppy)*
(LAN)*

*(PUT THOSE IN ANY ORDER YOU LIKE)

If your BIOS does not detect your CD-ROM drive do the following.

And if it is not, make sure the IDE is hooked up to it nice and snug with the red wire of the IDE in the upper right hand corner of the interface. Also make sure the jumper settings are right, it should be in "master" if it is the only drive on the IDE chain. Slave if otherwise.

Also make sure the molex (power) connector is plugged in. Also try to open the drive with the eject button to see if it even works.

It was working perfectly before I used the Killdisk because I was trying to use a boot disk from the cd-rom.

However, I have tried everything to chance boot sequence and the only choices are A: only, C: only, and A: then C:

I have tried every button but you change sequence by the space bar

CD-ROM is NOT an option and it was working!

if u get this sorted out, and want to format in future, just do a reinstallation of windows, rather than using this "killdisk"

you could try flashing ur bios, but you would have to borrow a floppy drive off somebody.

Sorry to sound dumb but what is "flashing your bios"?

Also, how can I get into safe settings. I've tried all the default settings but nothing.

Now, if I connect a external floppy to my computer will it read it or will I have to install a driver?
If I borrow an external floppy, can I just use a bootable disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom