ordered my 6600GT today

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
XFX 6600GT
i've debated the past month between a 6600GT/6800GT/Guitar Amp

kinda let the 6800GT go cause i'm not that hardcore of a gamer, but...do like to play them about an hour a day.
seen that tigerdirect had a sale on til the end of the month with the 6600GT...so....why not.
my geforce 4 mx420 is still crankin' but...time for an upgrade.

i'll finally be able to run a 3DMark too. my mx couldn't run it for some reason.

anyway.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1121824&CatId=0

edit:
heh, plus it's blue...it'll match my mobo hahaha

Your mx420 cannot run 3dmark? I have made someone elses mx400 run it, as well as a mx440 which are exact same hardware as yours except speeds

Congrads on your card

Any reason why you chose xfx? its a little expensive heh. Anyways I have the exact same card *mx420 on my old machine and its still a beast running starcraft :0.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Your mx420 cannot run 3dmark? I have made someone elses mx400 run it, as well as a mx440 which are exact same hardware as yours except speeds

Congrads on your card

yea, i've tried 2-3 different drivers but no luck.
same error:

IDirect3DDevice9: CreatePixelShader failed: Invallid call (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)

*shrugs*

Hacp said:
Any reason why you chose xfx? its a little expensive heh. Anyways I have the exact same card *mx420 on my old machine and its still a beast running starcraft :0.

actually XFX was the cheapist for once.
they were the only one on tigerdirect offerin' the sale on 6600GT's

they've got a 30 dollar mail-in-rebate.
which...techincally brings er down under 200 (canadian)
everything else was still 235+ with no rebates.

so...figured good company with rebate...go for er! haha

hahaha hell yea, i play starcraft too when i get to together with my buddies. great fricken game man.

Counter-Strike said:
Ask chris about XFX, he'll tell ya about XFX and how bad they were to him. Poor chris :(

1st card, random reboots, I even replaced my PSU before RMA'ing it.

2nd card, tears like a bastard, but besides that it's ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom