Ongoing 6600GT problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is strange and i thought one CARD manufacture built all brand names .Im confused now :)

Just to throw something in that right help, I was having the problem of not being about to play direct x games on a ATI 9800 pro. After messing with the drivers for a couple of days I managed to track down that it was because I didn't have SP2 installed. Obviously not a Win98se machine but thought maybe that might spark something for someone else.

SP2?

Well I fixed the problem!

The video memory errors didn't have to do with the video card at all, but had to do with windows98 not being able to controll 1GB of memory.

I had to type something in the system vcache to be able to use 1GB.

WHOA MAMA!!! I got a monster now! I went from a 5300 pt. 3dMARK03 SCORE WITH 9800PRO to 7500 pt. score with 6600GT and have it clocked at 500MHz/1GHZ!

This is sweet!

My audio files don't play right anymore though.

The video memory errors didn't have to do with the video card at all, but had to do with windows98 not being able to controll 1GB of memory.

I had to type something in the system vcache to be able to use 1GB.
lol woulda never guessed that.

Don't know what to say about the audio files, but I DUN TOLD YOU IT WASNT THE CARDS AT FAULT :p
perhaps the XFX, but two in a row? No way

I hate software... Wish it would work off of JUST the hardware, often much more reliable than software on the hardware...

well im glad he solved his problem...MY XFX 6600 GT wont work for shit,it just lags and freezes with bad artifacts. I have no idea how to reformat,im only 15.

MrHelpful said:
well im glad he solved his problem...MY XFX 6600 GT wont work for shit,it just lags and freezes with bad artifacts. I have no idea how to reformat,im only 15.

Artifacts? 9 times out of 10, its a hardware issue.

MrHelpful said:

uhhh... reformatting doesn't exactly take the skill of a rocket scientist, i knew how to do it when i was 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom