Problem in regards to Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taker13

Beta member
Ok, this is my problem :

Recently purchased a 52x LG Burner. Works perfectly w/ Nero, no problems whatsoever.

Windows XP does recognize it, in the device manager AND under the properties for that particular drive. However, when putting in a disc (whether its audio, software, etc) it just wont load. It'll say the drive is not readable, etc...

Also, my floppy drive, it states, "The drive needs to be formatted." When i DO format my floppy, it says, 'unable to format drive.'

I know its not the burner, because I've burnt CD's using it, and have worked on other computers and players. What do i do?

thanks always

I have 2 cd burners in my computer using XP. I was told that XP would not enable cd burning on 2 burners, just the first one on the cable. Both of mine work, but the first one works with the XP software and the other one with Nero software. Do you have 2 burners or one?

I have one CD Burner. Again, Nero works perfectly on it, just that XP does not recognize any CD's that i put in the drive at all.

You could try this solution, but be careful and take the backup of your registry,
Start Registry Editor (regedit)
Locate the "UpperFilters" value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
Locate the "LowerFilters" value under the same key in the
registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then
click OK.
After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software.

what exactly will this do? Will this make XP recognize both the floppy and my CD drive? I dont wanna proceed with that if nothing's going to happen towards my situation...

it has nothing to do with ur floppy drive..but it may resolve ur cd drive issue
and also it may not work but it wont harm ur computer........... provided u do it correctly

K i've just tried that, and it still doesnt work.

I did everything correctly, but still, nothing. Any other solutions to the problem?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom