R520 w/ 'only' 24 pipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ATI could writer a driver that didn't crash all the time on almost every system I have ever used an ATI product in, I would be impressed, much-hyped vaporware aside.

TheHeadFL said:
If ATI could writer a driver that didn't crash all the time on almost every system I have ever used an ATI product in, I would be impressed, much-hyped vaporware aside.
That sounds like a personal problem, and reminds me of the unexperienced Macintosh-only junkies who claim Windows crashes all the time.

Well I think AMD are the only ones to actually have stuff work well with a 90nm process

Intel: Run's too hot and slow
Nvidia: They didnt even go their
ATI: They cant get it to work

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well I think AMD are the only ones to actually have stuff work well with a 90nm process

Intel: Run's too hot and slow
Nvidia: They didnt even go their
ATI: They cant get it to work

Excellent point, though, the x800 series is still a very very nice card, and does phenominally when AA and AF are thrown at it, compared to nVidia. They just have a little trouble and bumps along the way. ;)

alecjahn said:
That sounds like a personal problem, and reminds me of the unexperienced Macintosh-only junkies who claim Windows crashes all the time.

Are you calling me unexperienced? lol

No comment. :D

TheHeadFL said:
Are you calling me unexperienced? lol

No comment. :D

No, I'm not in any way whatsoever.

I said "unexperienced Macintosh-only junkies".

AND, I am NOT puting down the Macintosh either, but singling out a select group of people who talk before they walk.

I've got an ATI product in 2 of my personal systems, plus I've had as many ATI video cards as I've had nVidia video cards. And I didn't start putting together computers last week either. I've used and worked with, and mostly personally owned at least one example of the leading nVidia and ATI product families starting with the TNT (the original) and working your way all the way to the present era. The only generation ATI that I have never personally owned or worked with is the latest x300,x600,etc series stuff. Last I messed around with is Radeon 9700/9800 era stuff.

With that said, I think their drivers are unstable compared to nVidias. There is nothing wrong with the performance of their hardware, I just dislike their drivers, since they have caused me more problems on more systems than I care to remember. Unless they've significantly changed their drivers, which I see no indication of when I update the drivers for my older ATI cards, I simply don't like them.

You can disagree if you want, but don't presume to know my level of experience with ATI and nVidia. I do not "talk before I walk".

I never made any claims about you, nor did I intend to imply anything about you. I simply stated that I hope you are not like [group a] who happens to [do what they do].

I am sorry if I offended you.

My sincere apologies to the creator of this thread, as we are off topic and arguing in his space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom