Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
furtivefelon said:
because that would be admitting to the public that unix is better than windows.. MS is stupid, but not stupid enough to pee on their own charade..

Because that would be saying that the NT kernel is so crappy that it is worth abandoning years and years worth of legacy binary support because the *nix kernel is so vastly better.

Which it isn't.

You could argue that it is marginally better for most things, but on the whole I call BS. Windows isn't as bad as you all seem to think it is.

And here we go.....

I'll add a bit in

both have their advantages

malacious attempts are aimed at the masses linux would have security problems if it was more popular than windows

linux is for developers no nice GUI for the normal people

Windows will rob you of your money

Smarter people generally use Linux and the "click the mouse" people use windows.

Generalizations like that are why Linux has so many fanboys in the first place.

I do 90% of my work in "click the mouse" Windows, and I laugh at the idea that smarter people supposedly more often use Linux.

Well i personally know 2 very smart people in life who will only use a linux. Then you have myself and some select friends who think that windows is great if you properly configure it. I think these are generally true. And these are all the popular arguements people will generally make on both sides in a flame war.

both have their advantages

malacious attempts are aimed at the masses linux would have security problems if it was more popular than windows

linux is for developers no nice GUI for the normal people

Windows will rob you of your money

Smarter people generally use Linux and the "click the mouse" people use windows.

Themes are already attempting to Copy Vista but what people don't relise is that it is not about Vista's new theme it is about improved security, stability, and productivity.

I said that when peoples where saying that linux doesnt have a fancy desktop etc. Im running that Royale theme, i seem to like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom