artic silver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwisdom

Baseband Member
i need the directions on how to put as5 on. ihave read the as5 website for directions and they dont help much.and what do i clean the old stuff off with.

Also what do i clean the cpu off with. i have some arti-clean but i am not realy sure if that is safe for the cpu

I always use some toilet tissue and white spirit. But I heard bad stories about white spirit so you could try without. Always apply a thin layer of Arctic Silver. Very thin.

TheMajor said:
I always use some toilet tissue and white spirit. But I heard bad stories about white spirit so you could try without. Always apply a thin layer of Arctic Silver. Very thin.

White Spirit, sounds like I should be drinking it

Try to use at least 70% ru bbing alachol

Use cotton swabs or q-tips. Rub off the hs and processor top, careful not to touch the pins. Make sure you only apply about a a rice grain size of silver on it.

i had been getting temps of 65 in bios now its 55 and before i couldnt play bf1942 without lag now i can play battlefield 2 with everything on high and 64 bots. didnt know it would make that much of a difference. Thank you all for your help

BTW here are my comp specs
Intel Extreme Editon 3.2ghz
Nvidia 6800gt
Creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs gamer
1 gigabyte memory
western digital caviar 250gb hard drive

im not that good with computers. so hmmm who knows but now everything works great. Cant come to any other conclusion then the cpu overheating and the performance going down. but who knows, not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom