strange problem, internet connection goes out temporarily

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
Hey guys, last week I set up my hardware firewall (belkin router) to use a static IP so I could enable port forwarding for Azureus. well it didn't work too well and after changing all the settings back I still had major connection problems. I unplugged the router and now things are pretty good again, execpt occasionally my cable connection just seems to go out. (3 mpbs down 1 up) Wesbites won't load correctly, I'll get disconnected from an online game, etc. 5-10 seconds later the connection comes back. This happens pretty frequently, like every 20 minutes. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

What IP did you set static? And if it apply's did you set your PC to static or router setting PC to static?

Well, I'm sure this isn't the problem, but my friend's Toshiba modem kept dropping and resetting under high stress. You seem to have a configuration error, though, so I'm not really helping. :D

"What IP did you set static? And if it apply's did you set your PC to static or router setting PC to static?"

I forgot the whole process but I followed the guide on portforward.com. From what I remember I typed /ip congif into a dos prompt, wrote down the info and changed my nettwork settings from a dynamic ip to static. Then I filled in the ip box, subnet mask, default gateway and dns server.

I changed all that back though so I dont know why its acting up

Probolly because two computer's had the same IP or something like that

Or it could have been an attack since you also opened up a port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom