DFI+WInbound owners help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacp

Daemon Poster
Ok I have no idea why this is happening. I recently switched back from the 5 rail on the vdimm to the 3 rail and my ram is sucking like crazy. I have it at 3.2+.03 volts and it can only pass memtest5 at 237 2-2-2-6. When I switch to the 5rail it can go to 245 at 2-2-2-6. This is very wierd. Is my 3.3 rail seriously undervolting? I see it as 3.2 on the bios..... I do not have acess to a multimeter so anyone who get less of an oc using the 3.3 rail please say so so I know I'm not alone.

Cause of cold boot issues. I'm afraid that if I have a power outage, my ram will fry on me. I can't do that Vdimm mod with the DFI because I'll void my warrenty if I open My PSU and try to adjust the rails.

Hacp said:
Cause of cold boot issues. I'm afraid that if I have a power outage, my ram will fry on me. I can't do that Vdimm mod with the DFI because I'll void my warrenty if I open My PSU and try to adjust the rails.

Well, when you are overclocking you voided the warranty anyway. And that is also a risk you should be willing to take. If you are not accepting the risk of ruining some equipment and voiding warranty's and having to go spend more money, than you shouldnt be overclocking.

Where do you have to open your power supply to use the jumper mod? Just move the default jumper down one set of pins in the 1-2 position, and add a spare 2 pin jumper to the two pins above the default jumper in the 2-3 position. Not too hard

That looks like a custom modded BIOS, how is it? It is buggy as all hell, or does it work really well?

No, it's actually not custom. Currently, the 6/23 bios is the latest official bios, but it's only the -3 version, which may be good for TCCD ram, but it sucks for BH-5. -2 is best to use with BH-5 and is generally the most stable of the three. -1 is for generic/value ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom