Forum Locked??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfon

Baseband Member
Hi Im new to these forums.

I opend a thread;
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63945

And it was locked because two people was, I guess flaming or was about to, but one of the memebers was right I have posted and asked everything to list the game they like with a small description because I want a new game to buy but just dont know what game to get yet.

My forum was locked beacuse someone was telling someone else that they should have red something. :( So how come I should suffer becaue of someone else mistake or something? Can't you just delete what they had said and left my forum open?

Why don't you just shut up Syn7ax 3rror, I am going to temporarily lock this thread until you are dealt with. Then I will reopen it.

So because someone posted something I have to wait until they are delt with so then I can get some suggestions?

I see no point into my thread being locked because someone else and another person was going to start a flame, just simply delete what they have said and carry on.

Please explain Im confused. :p

One of the posters in the thread is basically "under investigation" in that, until a supermod can ban him, most everything he posts will be locked down.

Nothing against you. But, sometimes, we have to be a bit heavy-handed around here. Too many kiddies, not enough maturity.

Try to understand, and please don't stop participating. Either wait until Beedubya reopens the htread, or start a new one.

Please explain Im confused.

Makes sense. But perhaps the guilty party kept flaming again and again?.. That maybe what Beedub meant by "Until he is dealt with" (or something rather). Should PM him to figure out why he locked it.

EDIT:
There you go. Guess Trotter told you why.. We replied at the same time. :)

Most forums I go on rules are don't pm the admins so I did not want to do that so I posted here, I understand.

And by opening another thread so you mean open the same exact one? I dont want to do that because then I will have 2 threads, only 1 is good for me per subject if you understand.

I guess Ill wait but if anyone can speak with him please have him unlock it as soon as possible Im upgrading my pc with a new video card and some more ram and I plan to buy more than 12 games to put on it so I want to see what other think about games they currently play.

Thanks for the posts.

I was just browsering some other threads I posted and found again he locks my thread for no reason:

Thread I started;
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=477299#post477299

Enough has been said in this thread to help him make a decision. If he wants more info, he can do a search. This has been covered time and time again.

EDIT - Syntax...Please, I am begging you, stop suggesting expensive cards to people who can't afford them. Not everybody is rich or spoiled by their parents. You did better this time by toning it down to a 6800 GT, but still, thats not in his price range, and he's made it clear. Please post intelligently or don't post at all.

Enough has been said in this thread to help him make a decision. If he wants more information, he can do a search. This has been covered time and time again.

I have done searchs how do you think I came to ask if anyone has any experence with the cards I listed? I was seeing if anyone had any suggestions / any experience with the card..

He says to a member who was suggesting to me about a $100 dollar card. This is what I posted
What video card would you recommend for a heavy gamer with a low budget? Im searching for a good video card which will give one a good preformance and fps in gaming, Im willing to spend at max $220 for a video card (Im aware the price is very low but thats what I can afford, Im not proud of it ;) )

I was woundering would any one recommend this video card?
Radeon 9800PRO

I hear its out to date or some sort which I dont want an out to dated video card but if thats all my budget can get then, gimmy.

As above Im a deep gamer these are the games I currently have and here are the games Im going to install once i get my new video card.

Call of Duty: UO
Call of Duty
Medal of Honor: AA

Games I plan to install once i get my new video card:
BF - all versions, bf2, bf vietnam etc
mohsh
mohbt
cs - all versions
hl - all versions

If this card is not good what would kind of video card would you suggest? I have an AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200, 1GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, ATI Xpress 200.

I stated that my budget is $220 and the person suggested the card was $100, everyone who suggested a card to me has been in my range I stated $220 everyone said around $100-$200 so how come my thread has been closed again? Does this admin not like me what have I done to make him not like me?

stop suggesting expensive cards to people who can't afford them.

So no one gets confused, this quote was what an admin said to someone else - not me.

Now so before I make a thread so I have to find out if everyone on this forum can afford a card? Or can I post a suggestion and have people help me find things that fits in my budget because someone suggested a $100 card my thread was closed..

I dont get this forum.. :(

It's not you. The one who went by 'Syntax' whatever with all of that lame, childish 'leet' stuff has now been banned.

But, I will give you a word of suggestion: Don't start a thread asking about video cards, as there are a blue million of them on this board. Plus, they ussually ignite an ATI/nVidia flame war (remember what I said about too many kiddies and not enough maturity?).

If you want to know about video cards, do a search and you'll have enough to read for a week. Or go to NewEgg and pull up your price range and read the customer reviews. If you have a question about brands, your search on T-F will let you know what to avoid.

Some suggestions....

First, look at the Forum Leaders list and you'll see who's who at this forum. That will answer your own question about PMing an Admin, since a Mod was handling this situation (with an unruly member) and you can PM anyone if you have a question. Basically, the Forum Leaders do not want PMs from people asking questions that should be asked in the forums (like will this card work with..., or do you like this best, etc.)

If you have a question about the rules or how a situation is being handled, you can ask the one that is handling it. We do not lock threads without a reason. The unruly member has been dealt with, so make sure that you make the request about opening the thread to the Mod in charge of it.

And please, do a search of these forums about the questions you have. You may find lots of reading on the subject and it may save you some time waiting on the answers.

I suggest, not for just here but any forum that you may be on, that you don't start a thread saying that an Admin or Mod does something for no reason, or that they don't like you. This can be offensive and it doesn't help the situation (and this situation occurred because of someone else, not you).

I hope that helps with your questions. And thanks, Trotter, for you good responses!

Dave :D

Well I only posted because I saw no point into locking my thread because of some person could have just deleted what he had posted and sent him a pm.

Maybe some other people dont have the same questions as me or I want to ask different questions as listed, I didnt know it was a problem for posting a thread for a suggestions, seesh.

Thanks anyways.

if you still want suggestions on a video card, I'll list them as they stand.
at the time of this post, from best to worst (in terms of performance):

Nvidia 7800 GTX
Nvidia 6800 Ultra
ATI Radeon X850 XT - this performs a bit better in Direct3D against the 6800 Ultra, but the 6800 Ultra gets a good jump in OpenGL performance
Nvidia 6800 GT
ATI X800 XT
Nvidia 6800 (plain)
ATI X800 Pro, X800 XL - sometimes the X800 XL outperforms the pro, but sometimes it is about where the 6600 plain is
Nvidia 6600 GT - Beedubya would put the 6600 GT ahead of the X800 Pro, as it does get better OpenGL performance.
ATI 9800 XT
ATI X700
ATI 9800 Pro
Nvidia 6600 (plain)
ATI X600
Geforce FX-5950
Geforce FX-5900
Geforce FX-5800 - Nvidia stopped selling this after a short time.
ATI 9600 XT
ATI 9600 Pro
Geforce FX 5700
Geforce FX 5600
Nvidia 6200
ATI X300
Nvidia 6200 with "Turbocache"
Nvidia FX-5200
ATI 9250
ATI 9200

ATI was on top in the 9000 series, but fell behind in the X### series.
Nvidia did not do well in their 5000 series GPU's, but when they made their 6000 series, they really did well. they have smartshader 3.0, for better image quality, plus have better performance overall.
ATI's cards do get the lead in most cases in Direct3D, however Nvidia does much better in OpenGL. although the 5000 series cards (FX's) sill did not outperform ATI's 9000 series cards in OpenGL or Direct3D.

currently the best card out is the 7800 GTX, however it might not be after ATI releases its new card, with the R520 core.
Nvidia is also making an even faster core than what's in the 7800 GTX, and apparently, ATI will also make an R580 to compete with it.

for your budget of max $220, the most you might be able to get is the 6800 plain, however the 6600 GT will give you the best price/performance.
the 9800 Pro is still a good card, roughly comparable to the 6600 non-GT, however it lacks smartshader 3.0. the 9800 Pro/XT was the best of its generation of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom