New/Next Generation card Interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboychuckles

In Runtime
From my understanding Nvidia and ATI will not be making their new cards with AGP interface. I haven't been able to find solid evidence to support or deny this. Does anyone have any information about this? I have been waiting to buy a new card and just want to see if further waiting is pointless. A new mobo is out of the question too since its new and it only supports AGP. Thanks in advance.

Nvidia said in a press release that they are not going to make the 7800GTX in AGP right now, but they would consider it if their was as demand.

I have never actually read ATI's press release, but I am 99.9% sure their doing the same thing

Dang i figured as much, ah well i have to wait a couple of paydays anyway, I'll seen then. Otherwise I'll just go for the 6800GT.

Hey DJ-Chris I just noticed you are from Hamilton Ontario, my good friend grew up there, he moved to the States about 6-7 years ago. We took a road trip there to go to the air museum a couple of years back.

Well I believe PCI-E and AGP are about in the same right now, I know AGP has about 80% of the market. I think they will make the x9 series AGP, and then after that, proally only PCI-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom