Power Supply Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
Sup guys. do yall have the problem of your computer heating up your room? i do.. it gets dang hot in here. and i'm just about 100% sure it's my PSU that causes the heat problem. cause it's always blowing hot air of the fan. is there any other method of cooling one? (other than getting a new one with better cooling)

thanks for the help guys.

W00t 200 posts

Unless your PSU is sucking in external air, the heat you feel is a combination of CPU and PSU heat, along with your chipset and vid card.

You could do a small mod... Cut a blowhole in the top of your case to line up with the air intake on your PSU, and flip your PSU over so it pulls in outside air. If your PSU's intake is in the front, cut the blowhole in front of it, and rig up a duct for it.

A cooler PSU is more stable, and more efficient.

liquid cooli it, and stick the radiator somewhere outside your house, or at least outside your room so that the heat will get transported somewhere else

Trotter said:
He's talking about his power supply. i don't think liquid cooling would work all that great with it...

Trotter said:
the heat you feel is a combination of CPU and PSU heat, along with your chipset and vid card

;)

that's sweet... ppl are getting crazy these days about noise and speed and stuff.. i remember 4 years ago, the computers didn't even have a heat sink fan, or a case fan... the only fan was in the tiny 100watt PSU..

yeah, my P3 was the first one I'd seen with a fan. I opened up my Pentium MMX 233 (I think it's a 233 but not sure), and it had a mediocre heat sink, that's it. I had forgotton what they used to do.

Ryan

Trotter said:
Unless your PSU is sucking in external air, the heat you feel is a combination of CPU and PSU heat, along with your chipset and vid card.

See thats just it. my fan on the back of the case blows cool air. so it leads me to believe that it's my PSU only producing the heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom