New 120mm Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
Hey guys, i have two of the exact same case..one is empty the other is not. so on the empty one it had one 80mm fan in the case window. so i got bored and added another 80mm fan ( which cooled my case by about 4c) and one fan on the back of the case. So now i was wanting to add another fan, a 120mm fan in the case window and or on the top of the case. So i was wondering what yall's oppinions on these fans are:

the first is this one... looks kinda neat as it is aluminum

http://xoxide.com/12alcasfan.html

the second is this blue one with the fan controller. i probably would just set the controller on full all the time so it's not that important

http://xoxide.com/th12blledsmf.html

in yalls opinion which one should i get?

and how should i have it set.. the two in the top left corner of the window blow in while the one in back blows out... should the 120mm blow out through the top? or would it be better to install it in the window too? Thanks a lot for the help guys

imo, only pull air out thru the back, all else should blow in. try to keep the in/out ration equal.

okay but i only have an 80mm port on the back of the case.. will that matter? to have a total of 280mm of fans blowing in while only 80mm fan blowing out? it doesnt seem ballanced to me.

its the amount of air they all pull which should be roughly even really, sizr of fans doesnt matter.

(somebody correct me if im wrong, i dont know a huge amount about cooling.)

okay. thanks for the help, any idea on which fan is better?

if ur not concerned with the noise, the second fan pulls more air when it is at max speed.

nah noise aint a factor for me. k thanks man i appreciate the help

if your'e figuring surface area, you have to find the area of the circle. do not add 80mm to 80 mm and get a number. check the amount of air it moves in a minute, and go off that figure.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom