DDR vs GDDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could very well have DDR and not GDDR3. I've seen 6800's with DDR and not GDDR3, so it is entirely possible. I hope you didnt screw yourself man.

The DDR in 6800's is 700mhz, which is slower

DDR or GDDR3, it's 980mhz witha 256 bit bus and it's damned fast. DDR or GDDR3 wont make a difference, bus and clock do

just RMA while there is still time... 280 bux for that dude? you just threw some cash out the window...

Let me repeat myself. the X800xl has for sure 16 pipelines and uses GDDR3 memory. THe X800 has 12 pipelines and uses GDDR3 memory.

The nviida 6800GTs and ultras has 16 pipelines and uses GDDR3 memory. Nvidia 6800 uses DDR memory and has 12 pipelines. The X800XL is the poor man's X850 and is aimed as competition against the 6800GT.

It could very well have DDR and not GDDR3. I've seen 6800's with DDR and not GDDR3, so it is entirely possible. I hope you didnt screw yourself man.
you make it sound as if there's only a few 'special' 6800's that fall into that category...if it's a plain 6800 , then it's not GDDR3....simple as that...it's the GT series and up that has it.

there are no ddr xls I believe

and the consences on this card from this forum, is because it does not have sm3.0 it sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom