how much tubing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, like I said, if they are rivets you can drill them out with extreme ease. Since you dont have a dril though, it wont be as easy for you.

You may need at least 8 clamps, depending on your setup. Are you going to have a T line or a resevoir or both? Lets say you are using a T line: You will need 2 for the waterblock, 2 for the pump, 1 for the fill port, and 3 for the T fitting. That is 8, if you are using a resevoir instead of a fillport, you just took out the need for two and 6 will be enough.

How could I go about removing it if I lack a drill?

I actually have to clamp the tube onto the fittings? The bloody things won't stick on themselves?

If that be the case, I may need more than eight since I'm getting a MAZE4 for the GPU. That would be 10.

I tried throwing on some generic 1/2"ID vinyl tubing to a 1/2" OD fitting at home depot and the thing was damn hard to take off.

Yeah, you dont need them, but it is fauolt tolerance. After a little while the tubes will loosen up to the point of leaking. And under pressure, they could come off. You should ALWAYS have ALL tubes clamped.

You may have to find a drill, I cant think of another way to take them out. You could always take your case to home depot, and find a display drill, and drill them out there.

Oh yeah, good point. I didn't consider the fact that the pressure of flow could loosen them. Warg, hose clamps are cheap anyway. And I assume that "hose clamps are hose clamps" applies here, yes?
Originally posted by Him
You could always take your case to home depot, and find a display drill, and drill them out there.
Hah, is that even allowed? Even if it was, not sure if I'd want to haul this massive craziness anywhere but within my own home. The thing is hella big and hella heavy for an aluminum case.

Yes, hose clamps are hose clamps does apply here. Anyone who says otherwise... Should die of stupidity. :confused:

They cost $.59 at Home Depot, for the half inch clamps.

4 fans is NOT needed....I know you already said they aren't absolutely necessary, but they offer VERY minimal differences in performance considering the added noise and space you're adding there....2 fans with a good duct on the heatercore is all he'll need

You also want the fans pushing air onto the heatercore, not pulling it away from it. I don't see you don't mount it on the top as there's tons of space up there...

Gaara - most of the 'pros' say that with a good shroud on your heatercore, you'd want the fans on top pulling the air through the heatercore. I haven't done nor seen any tests though to suggest pushing the air through or pulling it to be better, but I'm just going by the general concensus...it's one of the first things I asked when very first learning.

it depends a lot on where you have your radiator mounted as well I presume, for example, mine is at the bottom so I have the fans below the core so they can directly intake air from outside the case without the resistance of pulling it through the heatercore, but I suppose if you had it rear or top mounted it would make more sense to be exhausting the air by pulling it through and directly out of the case

@gaara
How do you mean by "on top"? I hope you don't mean in the top half above the motherboard section. The possibility is not possible.

@Nubius
That's what I figured. Surely more fans wouldn't hurt, but what I always consider is "noticeable difference". If the noise and cost aren't worth, then why bother? I will be buying 2 120mm fans and see how I can work it in.

My front 80mm front intake "plastic shroud" as attached to the caase by a snap type dealio, so very easy to remove. My 120mm front intake is secured by screws (thank god). That saves a ton of modding hassle, though I don't know if I would consider that modding.

Still puzzled as to whether I should be buying 1 double shroud or 1 single shroud. I certainly will not be 2 shrouds because of the ridiculous price. Should I need another, hopefully I can just make one.

Any suggestions? I'm still thinking about having 2x120mm exhaust on the right of the bonneville and 1x120mm front intake on the right, perhaps an 80mm if room will permit. Think I could get away with that setup? Just 1x120mm intake blowing air on it w/ 2x120mm exhaust pulling air out?

As for the tubing, the one I got was this: Tygon® Pressure Tubing B - 44 - 4X I.B.. Would that be considered "high quality" tubing? Sure looks boring and very generic. Though I guess I can't complain since I did get it free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom